Interview a priest, sister, or brother
- Why did you become a priest, sister, or brother?
- When and how did you receive your call to become a priest, sister, or brother?
- What attracted you to your order?
- What do you like about this lifestyle?
- What advice would you give to a young person who is considering religious life?
- What is a typical day like for you?
- What role do you play in your community?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- Do you ever get lonely? Do you wish you could be married and have children?
- What is one thing you dream of doing someday?
Schedule a time to meet with someone in religious life: a Catholic brother, sister, or priest. Ask the questions above as well as any others that come to mind during the conversation. After the interview, write a short article about the person.
- VocationMatch.com Trends on Religious Life
- VOCATION PRAYERS - Prayers for Vocations
- TAKE FIVE WIDGET
- Glossary of vocation terms
- FOR PASTORS & PREACHERS: Sample homilies that encourage vocation discernment
- FOR DREs | TEACHERS | CATECHISTS
- How to create a culture of discernment
- FOR PARENTS: Fostering happiness, holiness, and faithfulness
- Family movie night
- FOR YOUTH, YOUNG ADULT & CAMPUS MINISTERS Read More
- Find your spirituality type
- Four steps to hearing your call
- RESOURCE: Seventeen questions about church vocations
- FAQs: Frequently asked questions about vocations
- The three keys to successful vocation decisions