A job for life: Profile of Father Andrew Laguna, S.J.
(Photo courtesy of Father Andrew Laguna, S.J.)
Who is your favorite saint?
It’s hard to narrow down, but I love Saint Peter the Apostle. He keeps messing up, but the Lord just loves him and continues inviting him to be a companion and servant. I can relate to that.
What do you like about community life?
It is a gift to live with men of various talents who have given their lives to the Lord and desire to be his co-worker and companion. Community life can have its challenges, but overall I am a better person because of the Jesuits with whom I share my life.
What is your best prayer style?
The Ignatian Examen [a set of prayer prompts initiated by the founder of the Jesuits]. I love sitting with God and savoring the consolation given me that day. The Examen grounds me and gives me direction.
I love to run or hike outdoors when I can. The beauty of nature calms me and makes me feel close to God.
What’s the best part of your current ministry as a pastor?
I receive a lot of life when I celebrate the sacraments and just spend time with parishioners. It is a privilege to witness their deep faith, hope, and love, and I am continually inspired.
- A day in the life of a Franciscan missionary
- Secrets to being a happy priest
- A jolt, then a call: Profile of Father Daniel Kim, M.M.
- Ed's story: Lose a dream, find a life
- A breath of Spirit
- Change today? One man's journey into priesthood
- Just call me Bishop Gustavo
- What it takes to be a good priest
- God rushes in
- Fateful homecoming amplified the call: Profile of Father Paul Chu, S.D.B. Read More
- Find your spirituality type
- FAQs: Frequently asked questions about vocations
- Celibacy quiz: Can you live a celibate life?
- About Vocation Network and VISION Guide
- Benefits of advertising in VISION