Light up your life
Image: “Resurrection and the Light” window, St. John the Evangelist Church, Prairieville, Louisiana.
CHRIST, THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIGHT is a perfect subject for the medium of stained glass because the pure white light of God’s glory pours forth and through Christ translates it into the colors of every day—the colors of the Kingdom. Light makes what is otherwise dark and formless visible. Likewise we can only see our own lives clearly through the light that is Christ.
Standing near Jesus, we know that we are enfolded in his gentle and merciful light. We can hear him say, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life” (John 8:12).
Through the best and worst of times, we must hold fast to the belief that God is showing us the way, leading us to life. We may suffer at the hands of others and make our own mistakes, but if we look, we will see that God’s beacon is constant. It is important to God that we shine as our true selves within his glorious light.
- Embrace grace
- Peace be with you
- Stay the course
- The “yes” that launched a thousand vocations
- Stop, look, and listen
- Quench your thirst
- God awaits, always
- SONG: Wake the world with dawning joy
- We are all connected
- Pilgrims here on earth Read More
- Find your spirituality type
- FAQs: Frequently asked questions about vocations
- Celibacy quiz: Can you live a celibate life?
- Resources for older discerners or those with physical and developmental differences
- About Vocation Network and VISION Guide