Light up your life
Image: “Resurrection and the Light” window, St. John the Evangelist Church, Prairieville, Louisiana.
CHRIST, THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIGHT is a perfect subject for the medium of stained glass because the pure white light of God’s glory pours forth and through Christ translates it into the colors of every day—the colors of the Kingdom. Light makes what is otherwise dark and formless visible. Likewise we can only see our own lives clearly through the light that is Christ.
Standing near Jesus, we know that we are enfolded in his gentle and merciful light. We can hear him say, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life” (John 8:12).
Through the best and worst of times, we must hold fast to the belief that God is showing us the way, leading us to life. We may suffer at the hands of others and make our own mistakes, but if we look, we will see that God’s beacon is constant. It is important to God that we shine as our true selves within his glorious light.
- How the Samaritan found his vocation
- Make no little plans
- Stop, look, and listen
- Quench your thirst
- God awaits, always
- SONG: Wake the world with dawning joy
- We are all connected
- Pilgrims here on earth
- Truth in stenciling
- Mysterious encounters Read More
- Find your spirituality type
- Four steps to hearing your call
- RESOURCE: Seventeen questions about church vocations
- FAQs: Frequently asked questions about vocations
- Celibacy quiz: Can you live a celibate life?