Brothers win the race: Profile of Brother Rafael Vargas, S.D.B.
(Photo courtesy of the Salesians of St. John Bosco)
How did you meet your community?
I first met the Salesians when I attended Don Bosco Prep High School, where I was able to be fully surrounded by the Salesian spirit and family environment. I entered the community right after high school.
Your favorite way to pray?
I enjoy using Christian and instrumental music to help me reflect, meditate, and give praise.
Best ministry experience so far?
A summer in one of our communities in Juarez, Mexico. In addition to being able to work with poor youth, I had the opportunity to serve twice a week in a juvenile detention center.
Tell us a fun fact about yourself.
One of my random hobbies is all types of dancing, especially breakdancing.
The best parts of community life?
The witness of the other members is a source of motivation, and the fellowship we share is a huge support, including informal moments where we can simply be ourselves around each other.
- God called me to be a brother
- Modern “prodigal son” meets the brothers: Profile of Brother Ray Morris, B.H.
- Brotherhood is right for me
- Big Brother is watching you
- Why did I become a brother?
- Brother Mark Elder makes an art of spirituality
- How God tricked Duc Pham into becoming a brother
- Why I hate Tuesdays and Thursdays
- What does it mean to be a brother?
- Science + Spirit = Brother Kyle: Profile of Brother Kyle Mena, F.S.C. Read More
- Find your spirituality type
- FAQs: Frequently asked questions about vocations
- Celibacy quiz: Can you live a celibate life?
- Resources for older discerners or those with physical and developmental differences
- About Vocation Network and VISION Guide