How to prepare for consecrated life
As you explore consecrated life or living permanent private vows, begin incorporating these holy practices into your routine:
● Attend daily Mass
● Say the Liturgy of the Hours
● Receive the sacrament of Reconciliation regularly
● Find a spiritual director/mentor
Contact your local diocese, or one of VISION's many participating communities for assistance.
● Establish daily prayer habits
Review the many options on ways to pray and discern God's will
● Allow time for spiritual reading
Look to classics such as St. Francis deSales "Introduction to the Devout Life" and St. Thomas a Kemis' "Imitation of Christ." or explore the many other writings on prayer, spirituality, and vowed life, including those featured in VISION Spotlight.
● Continue in your faith formation by attending lectures, taking classes, practicing both the corporal and spiritual works of mercy.
- Discernment: Three things I pray
- When the going gets tough
- Listen closely
- Four steps to vocation discernment
- A user’s guide on the ways to pray
- VOCATION PRAYERS - Prayers for Vocations
- Holiness is for everybody
- Let God’s Word open the door to your heart
- What does it mean to say that God is calling me?
- Be a saint in your own way Read More
- Find your spirituality type
- FAQs: Frequently asked questions about vocations
- Celibacy quiz: Can you live a celibate life?
- About Vocation Network and VISION Guide
- Benefits of advertising in VISION