Saying “yes” to the Lord every moment: Profile of Sister Maria Kim-Ngân Bùi, F.S.P.
What is your current ministry?
Here in San Antonio, Texas, I am a member of our traveling bilingual evangelization team, and I’m the local vocation directress. We organize parish missions, retreats, workshops, parish book displays, and Catholic book fairs. I also sing in our recording and performing choir.
Your favorite way to pray?
I love contemplative prayer in the presence of Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament.
Most fun you’ve had with your community?
Put a few Daughters of St. Paul in a room and in very little time laughter will emerge. I enjoy spending time with the sisters, hearing stories and playing games. Although I am not normally the sister who causes roaring laughter, I really enjoy our sisters who share this gift.
Both my brothers tower over me, so people used to call me “Little Bui.” Now “Kimmie” is more common.
Any words of wisdom for those considering religious life?
I love to encourage those considering religious life to say “yes” to the Lord moment by moment. This will lead to the greatest and most profound joy. We follow the Lord step by step. Jesus is always there to guide and bless us with his infinite mercy.
Favorite aspects of ministry?
My favorite part of ministry is meeting all the people the Lord puts on our path. It is always a deep moment of delight to be able to hear and learn how God is working in people’s lives. I also love learning and collaborating with people.
- Meeting a real nun was a game-changer: Profile of Sister Liz McGill, I.H.M.
- Six myths about becoming a nun
- Sister Norma Pimentel takes our questions
- She loves people’s stories: Profile of Sister Chioma Ahanihu, S.L.W.
- Taking my vows to heart
- A new sister looks at the vows
- Stopping long enough, I heard God’s call
- A free spirit finds her niche
- Fighting for life: Sr. Helen Prejean and the death penalty
- A wild ride with the Holy Spirit Read More
- Find your spirituality type
- FAQs: Frequently asked questions about vocations
- Celibacy quiz: Can you live a celibate life?
- About Vocation Network and VISION Guide
- Benefits of advertising in VISION