A heart yearning to help: profile of Sister Guerline Joseph, F.M.A.
Prayer. I grew up in a very hope-filled, charismatic, and devotional environment. I had a good prayer life, and I was eager to increase it. As it grew, it drew me toward religious life.
Your favorite way to pray?
I pray very well late at night with minimum light, on the floor, and occasionally with music playing in the background.
Best part of living in community?
Being here for each other. Living in community has taught me the truth that when you think you are giving a lot you are actually receiving even more.
What gives you hope about religious life?
The desire of the young people in my generation to fall in love with Christ and the church through service, Eucharistic adoration, and work.
People would be surprised to learn . . .
In my life “B.C.” (before convent) I enjoyed being in beauty pageants. I had the honor of being crowned Miss Citronnelle 2004 [a Haitian beauty pageant].
- See the Spirit in sisters
- The best decision I ever made
- “Nun” was not the original plan: Profile of Sister Graciela Colon, S.C.C.
- Lights, camera—convent!
- A beginner sister keeps saying yes
- Proud family watches sister’s first steps
- A providential Google search: Profile of Sister Christina Cńe Chavez, C.D.P.
- Street-wise sisters on a roll
- Sister T: A mom to moms behind bars
- Ugandan sister mends lives Read More
- Find your spirituality type
- Four steps to hearing your call
- RESOURCE: Seventeen questions about church vocations
- FAQs: Frequently asked questions about vocations
- The three keys to successful vocation decisions