A heart yearning to help: profile of Sister Guerline Joseph, F.M.A.
Prayer. I grew up in a very hope-filled, charismatic, and devotional environment. I had a good prayer life, and I was eager to increase it. As it grew, it drew me toward religious life.
Your favorite way to pray?
I pray very well late at night with minimum light, on the floor, and occasionally with music playing in the background.
Best part of living in community?
Being here for each other. Living in community has taught me the truth that when you think you are giving a lot you are actually receiving even more.
What gives you hope about religious life?
The desire of the young people in my generation to fall in love with Christ and the church through service, Eucharistic adoration, and work.
People would be surprised to learn . . .
In my life “B.C.” (before convent) I enjoyed being in beauty pageants. I had the honor of being crowned Miss Citronnelle 2004 [a Haitian beauty pageant].
- Six myths about becoming a nun
- Sister Norma Pimentel takes our questions
- She loves people’s stories: Profile of Sister Chioma Ahanihu, S.L.W.
- Taking my vows to heart
- A new sister looks at the vows
- Stopping long enough, I heard God’s call
- Fighting for life: Sr. Helen Prejean and the death penalty
- A free spirit finds her niche
- A wild ride with the Holy Spirit
- For Sister Jamie Phelps, life’s joys outweigh struggles Read More
- Find your spirituality type
- FAQs: Frequently asked questions about vocations
- Celibacy quiz: Can you live a celibate life?
- About Vocation Network and VISION Guide
- Benefits of advertising in VISION