SACRED HEART CHAPEL, Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict, St. Joseph, Minnesota, built in 1914 and renovated in 1981-1983, lit for the opening of the sesquicentennial celebration, January 1, 2007.
OUR LADY QUEEN CHAPEL, Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, Ipswich, Mas-
sachusetts. One large stained-glass window extends over three levels of the chapel building. The larger and upper part serves as the backdrop of the altar in the main chapel and celebrates the apocalyptic vision of the New Jerusalem in the Book of Revelation.
CHAPEL, HOLY SPIRIT Missionary Sisters, Northfield, Illinois.
THE HEART OF THE MOTHERHOUSE of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary in Immaculata, Pennsylvania is its recently-renovated Sacred Heart Chapel. The focus of the chapel is the spacious sanctuary enshrining the altar of sacrifice and the tabernacle of bronze and gold. Behind the sanctuary are stained glass murals of wheat shafts and clustered grapes symbolizing the Eucharist.
FRAMING THE TABERNACLE and altar of Our Lady of the Eucharist Chapel at the United States Provincial House of the Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in Hamden, Connecticut are images of wheat—sign of the Eucharist and an element of earth—and of pin-hole stars—elements of the sky—which are reminders of the sacredness of all creation elevated to heaven with the Eucharistic sacrifice.
ST. SCHOLASTICA CHAPEL of the Benedictine Sisters of Chicago.