Podcast: America, the Beautiful
This 4th of July will mark America's 237th birthday! Wow! Imagine turning 237 and thinking about the accomplishments, hardships, memories and people you might have encountered along the way. When I think about the history of America, and I think about what it took to gain independence, I am reminded of the blood, sweat, and tears that were put in to making this country great.
Today, we are reminded of the great traditions of our country and we celebrate accordingly. From BBQ's to fireworks, the 4th of July is a great reminder to all the importance of freedom and liberty. When I was still in college, I spent a summer interning in Washington D.C. for the House of Representatives and I lived right in the heart of DC. That summer not only was I afforded the opportunity of a lifetime, but I was also a witness to our nation's rich traditions. I was at the fore-front of so many amazing things and saw how far our country has come and I felt a deep sense of pride and patriotism.
Every 4th of July, I make sure to hang my flag, get my most Patriotic playlist loaded up and remind myself all the women and men who have fought or still fight, so that I can keep my freedoms. One of my favorite lines from the Declaration of Independence is, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all people are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." When I hear this line, I think about the message of Christ and his promised truths for all of us. That if we believe in Him we will have eternal life and eternal happiness but we must live as he did and help those in need, be generous, be fair, be equal, and love one another. I know that today, especially, we must preserve this truths and live by them.
Today, on this 4th of July, make sure to shoot off a few fireworks, sing a few songs about the USA, and more importantly be proud to be able to have the rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness! These songs will not only get you in a patriotic mood, but will also enhance any bbq or firework show you might decide to have.
God Bless America and God Bless everyone on this day!! Please enjoy these songs from Spotify! If you do not have Spotify yet, I have included the names of the songs that are featured in this playlist.
Here are the songs featured in this podcast:
1. America by Simon and Garfunkel
2. God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood
3.Stars and Stripes Forever by The US Army Band
4. Battle Hymn of the Republic by the US Army Band
5. Born in the USA by Bruce Springsteen
6. An American Trilogy by Elvis Presley
7. My Country! Tis' of Thee by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
8. America by Neil Diamond
9. Fortunate Son by Creedence Clearwater Revival
10. America the Beautiful by Straight No Chaser
11. Land of Hope and Dreams by Bruce Springsteen
12. Made in America by Toby Keith
13. Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf
14. Dancin' in the Streets by Martha and the Vandellas
15 ROCK in the USA by John Mellencamp
16. God Bless America by Celine Dion
- VocationMatch.com Trends on Religious Life
- VOCATION FACT SHEET
- TAKE FIVE WIDGET
- FOR PARISHES & PREACHERS: Sample homilies that encourage vocation discernment
- VOCATION PRAYERS - Prayers for Vocations
- Beholden to no one but God
- Find your spirituality type
- VOCATION RESOURCES: Myths busted and questions answered
- Consecrated life through the ages (Religious Life Timeline)
- Infographic: Who is answering the call to religious life? Read More
- Find your spirituality type
- FAQs: Frequently asked questions about vocations
- Celibacy quiz: Can you live a celibate life?
- About Vocation Network and VISION Guide
- Benefits of advertising in VISION